Preppy 101 (http://southernandpreppy.blogspot.com/) tagged me with a fun little game.
Here are the rules:
1) Grab the nearest book
2) Open to page 56
3) Find the 5th sentence
4) Post the text of the next 2 - 5 sentences, along with these rules
5) Don't dig for your favorite book, the cool book, or the intellectual book. Pick the closest!
6) Tag 5 other people to do the same!
I LOVE Nicholas Sparks, so I am reading his newest book, The Lucky One. If you have never read any of his books, you are missing out. Nicholas lives in NC too, so his love stories have cities in our state in them. I especially love the movie "The Notebook". That is a favorite of mine!!!!!
Here is my excerpt from the book:
That was enought to placate Gramps. It seemed like he's spent half his life placating Gramps. But he had no choice in the matter. Even though he didn't particularly like Gramps - Gramps was a devout Southern Baptist who went to church every Sunday and thought that drinking and dancing were sins, which always struck Clayton as ridiculous - he knew what Gramps expected of him.....
I tagged the following awesome BF's:
1) Adventures of a Southern Newlywed http://preppynewlywed.blogspot.com/
2) Diary of a Southern Belle http://savannahsouthernbelle.blogspot.com/
3) Confessions of a Semi-"Slacker" Mom http://barbourbunch.blogspot.com/
4) Kentucky Mama http://elizabeth-kentuckymama.blogspot.com/
5) His Doorkeeper http://hisdoorkeeper.blogspot.com/
Have fun with the game!!!
Five for Friday on Saturday - One of my favorite blog/twitter friends, One Fabulous Mom, tagged me on her Five for Friday post. She shared five things that she is loving right now. Here ...
9 years ago