Monday, March 30, 2009

In Like a Lion...Out Like a Lamb!!!





March certainly lived up to the old saying... In like a lion, out like a lamb!!! It started snowing here on Sunday, March 1st late in the evening and when we woke up on Monday, March 2nd, the ground was covered! We ended up with almost 7 inches of snow. Since I teach pre-school, I got to enjoy a day at home. I'm like a kid, I love snow days, so I can be at home and just chill out. My pictures have gotten loaded in the wrong order, but what else is new? You know me and my technological skills. LOL!!!











Don't you just love this adorable Bug convertible? It was my loaner car for the week, while I had my daughter's car in the shop. I had the most fun driving around with the top down. I had an old VW bug when I was in high school and college, so I loved driving this bug and reminiscing of high school and college days gone by. Maybe one day I will get another bug, but they are just not very practical, if you have a lot of stuff to take with you. I couldn't even get the dog carrier in the trunk. The opening was too small. Although the weather wasn't super hot every day, I still rode with the top down and just turned on the seat heaters. That works, doesn't it ?

I have always loved my bunny planter on my front porch? I have had this for a long time and I just think the little bunny is so cute peaking in the basket to see what is inside. My pansies from the winter are still so beautiful. I will plant something else in there for the summer that will take the heat better. Last summer I planted gerbera daisies!

Here are the snow pictures in the yard in early March and below are the same pictures taken today. They have gotten in the wrong places, but I think you get the idea. I am just not doing something right and the pictures keep moving around on me. Sorry!!

My daffodils have been so beautiful this spring, despite all the rain!! I have been picking them for the whole month and have had so many bouquets in my house, as well as giving some to my parents. Right now I have 3 gorgeous daffodil bouquets in the house to enjoy!!! They just remind me so much of the spring, new life and also my birthday. Daffodils are my favorite. They make me happy!!!


Welcome Spring!!!!!



















These are my pots on the deck. Those pansies were hiding under that snow and came out and were more beautiful than ever. I will enjoy them for a bit longer and will then have to plant more heat tolerant plants for the summer. My deck gets full sun!!


















Oh what a difference a month can make in terms of the weather!! March came in with a snow storm and is going out on a beautiful note. Warm weather, spring flowers, green grass, birds chirping, children playing outside, the sun shining, new life, and spring showers. I love the spring time. Don't you?

13 comments:

  1. Very cute car! My pictures do that too. I've figured out that I have to load them backwards if that makes sense??? For example, if you go to my latest post you will see my first picture is of Ella with some other kids. Even though it was the first picture, I loaded it last. I'm right there with you trying to figure out the technological things!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The car is adorable. I bet it's fun to drive and remember when. I love gerbera daisies. My daughter used them for her wedding. We had snow here yesterday, so March is leaving the same way it started.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the VW...very cute! My hubs has a convertible and we turn on the heat and I throw a blanket over my lap. Works for me! I love the sun on my face.

    I'm certainly not the person to be giving any sort of technical advice but here's what works most of the time for me. I load all the pics into the post before I put any text in. When I load them and you have to click on layout I click the button that says none (as opposed to left, right, center). Then I type in the text a bit at a time. Say I want four sentences and then want to insert the picture. I can type the four sentences in then put the mouse on the picture I want and drag it below the text. Then you can type below it and continue moving pics this way. You do have to go back at the end and delete spaces but this mostly works. Clear as mud I'm sure but maybe its helpful : ) Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The VW bug convertible is adorable. I sure enjoyed my convertible today. I'm so glad it's Spring!

    Hugs!
    Kat

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm still jealous you got to drive THAT for your rental car! I wish I was at home so I could ride around in it too. I'm so glad it's finally Spring! Well, except for the allergies part but I can deal with that. The flowers are so pretty! My plant already died :( I don't know what I did. I think it just didn't get enough light.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That little car is so cute!!! Yes, I am welcoming spring too!!!

    Suzanne

    ReplyDelete
  7. Spring is my favorite!!! I love summer too, but, it just gets so darn hot that it's hard to do anything.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I do love spring and can't wait until it is really spring like weather to stay.

    They say we could get snow on Thurs. here. Too crazy!

    I love all of your pictures. Your plants and flowers are beautiful.

    I bet you are having fun in the bug. All I have is a sun roof, but I really enjoy that on a nice day.

    I forgot to mention in my post but our ladies want to meet one more week (next Mon.) to watch "One Night With The King" too! We don't get to have dinner or probably shouldn't even have snacks because we're in the church sanctuary....but, who knows....maybe we'll think up something special.
    I have dearly loved this study of Esther. I always hate for them to end. It's neat that you all and so many other blogging friends have been/are doing it too.

    Talk to you later. Have a great day!
    Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the car! How much fun that must have been. Someday I want a convertible....just because! :-) Your flowers look lovely. You are so right, this month we have had a little bit of everything. Hopefully spring is now here to stay. Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love all the flowers...come on spring! And that cute little snazzy car isn't bad either :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. What fun to have that car as a loaner! I never had a bug but even to this day think they are just darling.

    And it's funny to see your daffodils only because I have been thinking of those flowers so much lately. I need to find out when it's bulb planting time and get some in my yard as I just love them. They always look so happy to me.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I had a bug when I was in high school too! It was bright yellow. We had to upholster the seats when my parents bought it for me and I picked out a giant black and white hounds tooth print. LOVED IT!! I still miss it!

    Finally some sun this weekend in NC! Are you watching Carolina this weekend? We are a house divided!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Adorable bunny planter! The "bug" looks like lots of fun...love convertibles on those days that aren't too cold or too hot. Susan

    ReplyDelete