Friday, March 6, 2009

Fabulous Friday!!!

There is nothing I love more in the spring than my beautiful daffodils!!! They have always been one of my favorite flowers. I think mainly, because March is my birthday month and daffodils aways remind me of my birthday! Plus, I have daffodils planted all around my house. I pick them and have bouquets of daffodils in my house all during the month. I just love fresh flowers in the house. Below is the same bunch of daffodils all covered up with snow on Monday. Quite a change from Monday until today. We are expecting highs up near 80 over the weekend. I can't wait!!


Adelaide came home from college on Thursday night. Our dog went berserk!!! I have never seen Holly act so crazy in my life. Needless to say, Holly was thrilled to have her "Mother" home. Wouldn't you just love to know what Holly thinks about Adelaide and where she has been all this time, since she saw her last?



We went out last night and ate at our favorite Mexican restaurant and Adelaide and I talked non-stop for the rest of the night. She was so excited to show me the 3 beautiful new Lilly dresses she got on EBay. They are so pretty. I had to show her my new Lilly purchases too. I will have to take some pictures and post about our purchases at a later time. Isn't EBay fun? We have both gotten some really nice purchases.


Today we are meeting my parents for lunch and then going to get pedicures and manicures. I can't wait! Sandals, here we come!!! We are also going to do some shopping. Adelaide loves Target, so that will be in the works sometime this weekend. We have not seen Slumdog Millionaire yet, so we are going to the movies tomorrow too. So much to do, so little time.


Adelaide leaves Monday to go to the beach for a week with 4 of her girlfriends. Our dear friend, Sherian, is letting Adelaide and her friends stay at her beach house. Isn't that so sweet of her? They will have such a good time doing "girl things" and just getting some much needed rest and relaxation after a hard few months at school. One day the girls are going to Charleston, South Carolina. Won't that be fun? I wish I was going.



I am so excited to have Adelaide home for the weekend. Next weekend my other daughter and her husband will be here, so I can't wait. I so love having my girls and my son-in-law visit. They are the joy of my life! And next weekend will be my birthday, so we will be celebrating! I will turn 55 and I guess that puts me in the senior citizen category. Oh well, you are as young as you feel and believe me, I don't feel 55. I am just so thrilled to be alive and be celebrating all the joys of my life. Have a blessed weekend and enjoy this beautiful weather.

19 comments:

  1. I am jealous of your weekend with your dear daughter. Sounds great! I know you aren't going to believe this but we have one other thing in common...my birthday is next Friday. Can you believe it! Have a great day and a wonderful weekend with your daughter!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You sound a lot like me...I love for my kids/spouses to be home! I love a good pedicure and I too have a birthday next week! have a Happy One!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just love the daffodils! So beautiful.

    I know just what you mean about having your kids at home. I miss my girls so much when they are away. I am glad they have their own families, but I sure did miss my youngins.

    Hope you have a great weekend.

    Beth

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like you're having a great time with your daughter. Your daffodils ae so pretty... mine are almost ready to pop open. I think they'd love another sunny day like today and then just maybe they'd burst. I also have a cherry tree in my front garden that is loaded with blooms. The world is a beautiful place in springtime!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy early birthday! Have a lovely time with your daughters.

    We have daffodils too--i didn't even know about them until they started blooming a few weeks ago. Lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  6. HI There! Don't you just love watching our daughters turn into young women! even though painful at times!!!lol I spent the morning with my daughter too and it is so hard when she says "I'm leaving"! Just want to grab her and not let her go!! I know you know that feeling! Sounds like a busy weekend for you! Happy early Birthday!!(in case I can't make it back before next weekend!)lol I agree we are as young as we feel! Just turned 53 but I too don't feel "senior" yet! I'm so jealous my daffodils aren't up yet! I think it is that yellow sunshine that makes them a favorite! Have a great weekend with Adelaide and don't get into too much trouble ladies!!! Sincerely, Jeannette

    ReplyDelete
  7. My SIL has a March bday too & loves Daffodils too! Have fun with Adelaide this weekend. I know you will!

    ReplyDelete
  8. My husband is SO excited that tomorrow is supposed to be a warm beautiful day. He can't wait to get out in the yard. It's his THERAPY!

    ReplyDelete
  9. The daffodils are so pretty. maybe spring really is coming. It sounds like a fun weekend. Have a great time.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sounds like you and your daughter had a wonderful time together.
    That so great. Our kids both live about 45 minutes away and so we get to be around them often. I love it and am thrilled they have stayed close by.
    Just this past week I've seen many signs of spring...daffodils, the pear trees budding etc. And I like it! It's been 80 degrees here in Oklahoma the past two days.
    Enjoy your weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love daffodils too, that photo is so pretty! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Spring is springing isn't it? Thanks for coming by my blog...it's so nice to meet you! Have fun with your daughters......I'll have all my children together in two weeks, too and I so look forward to it...and my birthday is at the end of the month, too....so we do have a lot in common! I'll sign up to be a follower here, too!
    Have a great weekend!

    Suzanne

    ReplyDelete
  13. I am new here! What an awesome blog! Hope you are having a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  14. The daffodils are gorgeous!! I am a March birthday girl as well :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. This was my first visit to your page. It is lovely. Hope it is ok to visit again. Feel free to visit mine, however, remember I am new at all this. Those daffodils are very be-a-u-ti-ful. My daughter is a March baby. She turns 20 this year. Wow doesn't seem possible.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I didn't know you lived near the hospital where baby Jonah is.
    I first read about his story through another blog. It just broke my heart. I can't imagine losing one baby and then going through this with my second baby. I pray he heals completely.
    Thanks for letting me know.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I sure do love Elon! How neat that you live close to there. I miss living in North Carolina! Have a wonderful Wednesday.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Boy life can't get much better...daffodils, daughters coming home and a birthday! I'm so happy your life is blessed sweet friend.

    Hugs!
    Kat

    ReplyDelete