Wednesday, March 18, 2009

55 Random Facts About Me!

In celebration of my 55th birthday on March 15th, I am going to take a cue from my daughter, Sweet, Sassy and Always Classy and my blogger friend, Jennifer, at Diary of a Southern Belle and list 55 random facts about myself. This will be a long post, but hopefully you will enjoy learning some new things about me. Here goes!!!




  1. I love the Lord and I look so forward to church each week and also my Bible study groups. I am involved in 3 Women's Bible study groups.

  2. My father's family is related to Daniel Boone (way down the line somewhere).

  3. I have 2 beautiful daughters who got me into blogging. I love spending time with them! My oldest daughter is married and my youngest daughter is a sophomore in college.

  4. For my graduation gift from high school, I got to travel to Europe for a month. I visited Rome, Florence, Pompeii, Brussels, Amsterdam, London and Paris. My favorite country was Italy!

  5. My favorite color is blue.

  6. My favorite drink is sweet tea with lemon!

  7. My favorite food is anything sweet! I love desserts!!!

  8. I hate snakes. I'll take a bug any day over a snake.

  9. I have a degree in Home Economics Education, but I have taught 3 year old pre-school for 16 years.

  10. I was a stay-at-home Mom before I taught pre-school.

  11. I met my husband in high school when we were both 15 years old.

  12. When I met my husband I had long hair that I could almost sit on. That's what caught his eye! (That was the style back then)

  13. I love to cook and I especially like to bake and make sweets. (cakes, cookies, pies, etc.)

  14. Since I love to cook, I love cookbooks and also collecting recipes. I like to just sit down and read cookbooks.

  15. I love the mountains & enjoy spending time there. My sister lives in the mountains and my parents have a home there, as well.

  16. Over the course of my life, I have tried almost every kind of craft you can think of. I especially love to sew and make quilts, and I enjoy knitting and scrapbooking.

  17. I have always enjoyed spending time with my parents! I talk to them and/or see them every day. My Mom will be 85 in April and my Dad will be 88 in June. I am blessed to have such wonderful parents.

  18. I have an equally wonderful sister! She is 11 years older than I am, but my parents wanted it that way. My sister just came and spent the week with me for my birthday. We had so much fun!!!

  19. I love to walk, but I never run. I don't like running at all.

  20. I am a happy person and I enjoy life. I look for the best in each day and try to live life to the fullest!

  21. I love anything Lilly. I have bought some great Lilly outfits on EBay.

  22. My natural hair color is brown, but I have to color it to hide the grey peeking through.

  23. I stay up late and I get up early. I don't require a lot of sleep.

  24. I enjoy reading, but I stay so busy, I don't read as much as I would like to.

  25. I love fresh flowers. I especially love daffodils!

  26. I love anything chocolate!

  27. I could eat my weight in fresh fruit of any kind. (And I love vegetables too).

  28. I like meat, but I am equally as happy without it.

  29. I don't care for fish, but I do love shrimp, oysters and crab.

  30. I am still having hot flashes!!! When are they ever going to end?

  31. I have been married almost 33 years and I can still wear my wedding dress. (I don't like it though..it's too out of fashion. LOL!

  32. I love pasta.

  33. I don't like negative people.

  34. I love to watch TV with my daughter when she is home from college, but as a rule, I watch very little television on a regular basis. I am always doing other things.

  35. I am actually one of those people who loves to do housework. I put on some good music and clean up a storm.

  36. I love traveling and seeing new places. Just say "GO" and my bags are packed.

  37. I enjoy our pets. We have a cat and a dog. (chihuahua)

  38. I love Christmas!! I have 25+ storage boxes of Christmas items that I use to decorate my house for Christmas.

  39. I have a collection of Angels.

  40. I have a collection of Noah's Arks.

  41. I love to listen to K-Love. ( A Christian radio station.) I enjoy praise & worship music!

  42. I am a cancer survivor!!! I had surgery on Oct. 2, 2003. Praise God I am doing great!!

  43. I love the summertime. (flip flops, skirts, sundresses, going to the beach with Sherian!)

  44. I love homemade ice cream. My favorite is banana.

  45. I love to fly flags and I have one for every season/event.

  46. I enjoy sending cards to people. (My Mother does too, so I guess I got that from her)

  47. I enjoy reading blogs! Aren't they fun? I have made some amazing new friends and learned so many new things! Thanks blogger friends!!!

  48. I am a people person. My children tell me I could go to Mars and see someone I know to talk to.

  49. Speaking of which... I LOVE TO TALK to people!

  50. I don't like conflict.

  51. You can tell I am from the South. I have a very Southern drawl.

  52. I love spending time with my girlfriends!

  53. I like to be organized.

  54. I wear a size 7 shoe.

  55. I was born in North Carolina and have lived in the same town all my life.

Whew, that is a lot of information about ME!!! I hope you enjoyed it. Take care and have a blessed week!

13 comments:

  1. Haha mom this was fun! Number 48 is definitely the funniest (and SO true)!!! Next year if you do this again, you should say that you love Martha and could be her and "Hey Ya!" by Outkast is one of your favorite songs. I'll probably think of some other funny ones.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was fun to read...thanks for posting. We have lots in common. I started counting but there were so many I lost count : )

    Enjoy your weekend-it sounds like such fun.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved reading this! Praise the Lord you are a cancer survivor!!! I don't know what I would do without my blogging mama!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love it! If you knew how many things we have in common it might scare you! We are soooo much alike. Hope you have a wonderful day and thanks for sharing so many fun facts about yourself!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You can still fit into your wedding dress?? That's fantastic. Happy Birthday! Enjoyed your list!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm right with you on the banana ice cream! Happy Birthday.

    ReplyDelete
  7. My husband's family is related to Daniel Boone! Small world. When hwe have kids, I want our son's middle name to be Boone, because it's so important to his family. Ah! And I LOVE homemade ice cream, but haven't had any in years.

    Hope you're having a wonderful day!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I just gave you the Cute Blog award. Check my blog ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I just love these posts. I always learn so much about people and often finding loads we have in common. Thank you for taking the time to share all this!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I enjoyed your list. It was fun to get to know you better.

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a fun list! We will have to make banana ice cream this summer because Thomas loves it too.

    You could also say that you have played rock band and your rock band skills are improving. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. That was so much fun to read and we are alike in so many ways! Happy belated birthday sweet friend. I hope you're having a wonderful time on your girls trip.

    Thanks for all of your visits while I was on my trip. We stayed so busy that my computer time was taken up with doing a post each day and downloading my photos. It sure feels good to be home and able to blog again.

    Hugs!
    Kat

    ReplyDelete