Friday, September 17, 2010

New Carpet!!

Just a quick note as I wait for the installers to come to put in our new carpet today! YEA!!!
We have waited for so long to have the upstairs of our house re-carpeted. I have 4 bedrooms, a hall and my stairway that will be carpeted today.

You would not believe the mess that my house is in! All our personal items, etc. are all boxed up and downstairs. I have made a million trips up and down the stairs cleaning out each room to get ready. I will never get this place back in order!

If you remember, my husband painted 3 of the bedrooms this summer and they look so pretty. We still have to paint the hallway and our bedroom/master bath.

I am so excited to be getting this done, as it has been a long time coming. I am so ready to get my house back in order and have a nice clean, fresh upstairs!!!!

We are switching 3 of the rooms around and my office/sewing room will now be in the biggest bedroom. That is going to be great! I will have room in there for my computer table, my sewing table, a couch, and a chair and ottoman. It will be my private getaway room!!!

The computer has to be unhooked, so I will be offline for a bit. I will see everyone as soon as we are back up and running. Have a delightful weekend and enjoy this beautiful weather.

Love & blessings,
Melinda

19 comments:

  1. I'm so happy for you and look forward to seeing the pictures of your "new" rooms.

    Sherry @ A Happy Valentine

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's awesome. Have a great, busy weekend!! HA

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, enjoy your new carpet! It sounds as if you will have a marvelous "new" upstairs when all the chaos is over and your things back in place.

    I love the idea of using the biggest bedroom for your own personal space... that's great! You spent much more time in there, so it makes sense. A retreat -- wonderful!

    You may be offline, but don't forget to take plenty of pictures!
    Cass

    ReplyDelete
  4. What fun...hard work but still fun. Hope you'll post pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can't wait to see you rooms when you get them back together!
    Hugs,
    Penny

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yay! How exciting to put it all back together - brand new and clean and pretty!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh you lucky girl! I'll bet you will love it all when it's finished!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I bet it looks great about now....but probably not occupied yet with all the belongings again. I'm guessing your weekend will be full of hard work!

    Suzanne

    ReplyDelete
  9. Please take pics of your rooms, etc. so we can see the end results!!

    ~Beth

    ReplyDelete
  10. It will be your Woman Cave. :) Hey, if men can have a Man Cave then so can women. My mom got her upstairs rooms painted this past summer too and now she is ready to re-carpet them. The carpet that is on there now is the only carpet to ever be on the floors upstairs, since about the mid-70s!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Melinda, I am so excited for you!!! Can't wait to see all the new carpet and switched rooms when you get done!! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I have a friend who just did the same thing and she said never again and that it was worse than moving. I know when it is all back you will be so pleased and all the work....just a memory.

    ReplyDelete
  13. What an exciting weekend you have ahead of you! It will be so nice to have new carpet! Enjoy! See you soon! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  14. I am so jealous on so many levels. New carpet and your own private getaway. Yep, I'm jealous!! But I'm very happy for you.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Yay for new carpet! Nothing better. :-)

    Thanks so much for your input on the paint color for the bench, I really do appreciate it!

    Have a wonderful week!
    Hugs,
    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  16. Good for you...but I am envious. I want a getaway room SO badly.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I can only imagine how busy your weekend has been. I'm sure you've had your hands full all.day.long. It's exciting to get things done in our "nests" even though it's hard work. Hope to see some "after" photos.

    Hugs,
    Kat

    ReplyDelete
  18. There's nothing better than fresh paint and new carpet to give your rooms a good cleaning.

    I am trying to weed out a few things myself and get our house ready to back on the market.

    hugs

    Sissie

    ReplyDelete
  19. Ok, I'm a little late in commenting here ... just discovered your blog. ;-)

    I'm so jealous that you have a sewing room. I'm working on getting one ... I hope. If you show pictures of your new carpet, please show a shot of your office/sewing room, too -- so I can live vicariously through you (and maybe get some ideas if my dream of a sewing room comes to fruition). LOL

    ReplyDelete