Monday, September 20, 2010

Mom's Eye Surgery!

Just a quick note to update you on my Mom. Her surgery is Tuesday, September 21, 2010 at Duke University Eye Center. The surgery is scheduled for 11:15am.

My sister is taking her for the surgery and I am staying here to take care of my Dad. Mom is having outpatient surgery, but they will spend the night at a local hotel, since Mom has to be back to see the doctor first thing the next morning.

We are hoping and praying that the doctor will be able to restore some of the vision in my Mom's eye. (For those new to my blog, my Mom lost the vision in her eye after having had cataract surgery last December.)

Thanks to all of you for your concern about my Mom. I appreciate your thoughts and prayers during this time!

I know I am behind on my posts, but I hope to get caught up soon. I have not gotten to post about my trip yet to see my blog friend, Penny. And I want to tell you all about my new carpet.

Take care and have a great week!

Love & blessings,
Melinda

12 comments:

  1. Melinda

    I just stopped and prayed for your Mom and added her to today's prayer journal post. I'll be thinking of you and your Dad and your sister and your Mom tomorrow. Please update us when you can.

    Hugs,
    Kat

    ReplyDelete
  2. Praying that God will just touch your mother's eye, that all will go well and that this surgery will give her back her vision.

    ~Beth

    ReplyDelete
  3. You all are in my prayers that God will lead the gifted surgeon and your mom will recover well. Thanks for letting us know.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You and your mom will be in my thoughts and prayers. Please stay in touch and let us know how everything worked out.
    Hugs,
    Sam

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wishing and hoping for the very best results and a speedy recovery for your mother. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Praying that your mother's vision is restored. Can't wait to see your pics!
    Hugs,
    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  7. Stopped and prayed for your family Melinda. So thankful for both you and your sister to take care of your parents.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Melinda, I stopped work exactly when your Mom was suppose to have her surgery and I said a prayer. Good luck to all of you-I have a very good feeling about your Mom's eye sight! Prayers and hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sending up prayers for your Mom.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hoping and praying that everything went well for your mom today.

    ReplyDelete