Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Hello 2010!!!!


After a 2 month sabbatical from blog posting, I am back up and running. I hope I haven't forgotten how to do everything! I still haven't found my camera cord, but I haven't given up hope. I think the cord has just been misplaced and has taken up residence in a comfortable place in my house where it doesn't want to be found. In the meantime, I'll have to resort to old pictures that are already uploaded or no pictures at all.

We had a nice Christmas. In fact, we have all our decorations out and the tree is still up and lit. I always keep my tree up until Epiphany. I love Christmas so much and I hate the thought of taking down the decorations. Why is "de-Christmasing" never as much fun as putting everything out in anticipation of Christmas day?

Adelaide leaves to go back to college this weekend, so that will give me something to do once she is gone. I am already sad to think that she will be leaving!!! My nest will be empty again.

I can't believe that I have been blogging for a year now!!! Where did the past year go? I have met so many amazing ladies via my blog and have made so many wonderful new friends. Many of you are just like family to me. We share laughs, prayers, tears of joy and sadness and we all help each other through this thing called LIFE!!! Through your blogs I have learned so many new things, gotten some wonderful recipes, traveled the world, seen prayers answered, and just enjoyed life!

Thanks to all of you for your friendship, your kind comments and your zest for life! God is good and he constantly amazes me at how he puts people in and out of our lives whether it be in person or via the blog world!

I have had the pleasure of meeting one blog friend and I hope to meet more this year. It was an awesome experience getting to meet someone in person that I already felt like I knew. I still want to post the pictures of our visit when I can upload them.

2009 had some challenges for me, but it also offered some new opportunities as well. God doesn't promise to make life easy for us, but He does promise to be there with us every step of the way. In my heart, I feel like 2010 has some great things in store for me and I am thankful for a fresh start into a new decade of my life! I have so very much to be thankful for! God has blessed me!

13 comments:

  1. So, so good to hear from you! I have been a bit worried about you! Glad you're back to blogging!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome back and Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so glad to see you back on here...you can probably order a replacement chord. I know that must be so frustrating.

    My girls go back to school this weekend too so I understand how you're feeling. Enjoy this week...we may go to a movie today. Yesterday we 'worked'. We took down most of the decorations which is maybe my least favorite job. We wrote thank you notes and we vacuumed and we did reward ourselves with a nice lunch out.

    Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautifully said!

    May God's mercy, grace, love, joy, and peace, indeed, bless you and yours in 2010.

    I, too, hate taking down the decorations because I enjoy them so much...and am waiting until next week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You have indeed been missed! I recently found my grandmother's garnet ring that had been missing for oh about a year in a Christmas decor box. Must get it sized! :) So, perhaps there is hope for your camera cord.

    Thank you so very much for your feedback regarding videos. I am going to try to keep them under 3 minutes and will also continue to have traditional posts too. Your insput was MUCH appreciated.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, so glad you are back!!! Happy New Year....find that camera cord girl and get busy!!!:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. So glad to hear from you! You have been missed.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy 2010!! I hope you had a wonderful Christmas and New Year's. Welcome back! I am finally back as well :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm so glad you are back. I was beginning to worry about you. I've been blogging for a year this month too. It has been a wonderful and amzing experience. Hey, it's how I found you. Happy New Year to you and your wonderful family!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi! this is my first visit here, I came via Kat's blog. I'm glad I did! You're getting added to my list. I hope that's okay?

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi, my email address is:

    arrangingelegance@hotmail.com

    Thanks so much for thinking of me! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Welcome back!
    I've missed your blog.
    One of the highlights of 2009 was meeting you in person.
    That was such a fun day!
    I'm glad you had such a good Christmas and such
    fun times with your family.
    May God bless you abundantly in 2010!
    Love you!
    Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks for the tip on Replacements Ltd. I know what you mean about taking the Christmas decor down. I always feel a little sad on the last night I have the tree up. I usually start taking mine down on New Years day, but it takes me about 3 days to finish up. And once it's all put away I tell myself that next year I am going to keep it simple. Famous last words!

    ReplyDelete