Saturday, February 21, 2009

Belated Birthday Pictures!!!

January 24th was Sweet, Sassy and Always Classy's 20th birthday!!! It just seems like yesterday that she was born and now she is a sophomore in college. Where does the time get to? We had quite a day celebrating her birthday. My husband and I drove up to be with her where she goes to college. Our dear friends, Don and Sherian also came to be with us and help celebrate, as did my sister, brother-in-law and my niece. We had a great time making Adelaide feel special on her 20th birthday. Oh, to be 20 again! (I apologize for the delay in getting this post done, but I have had such a hard time getting these pictures posted. I still can't figure out how to get rid of the red-eye, so excuse that. Adelaide does have the most beautiful blue eyes ever! I also had pictures that I could never get turned the right way and I knew you wouldn't want to look at them standing on your head. LOL!! One of these days I am going to learn how to do all this computer stuff. In the meantime, just bear with me.)


Is this not the most gorgeous necklace you have ever seen? The picture does not even do it justice. It is so beautiful!!! It is made out of polymer clay and the colors are amazing. This was Adelaide's favorite gift! Everywhere she wears it, people have a fit over it and want to know where she got it. It goes with so many of her outfits. The necklace is called Viva Beads and you can click on the name to go to their website. You will just love the other necklaces, watches, bracelets and earrings that they have. I want one of every color. I just can't begin to tell you how neat they are. Please check it out. And they are very reasonable.


Adelaide requested a red velvet cake, so I made one for her and decorated it with red sugar sprinkles and candles that said "20"! She loved it.


Here is a closer view of Adelaide wearing her necklace. Doesn't it look pretty? If I may brag on my beautiful daughter, I think she is equally as pretty! And the thing is, she is just as pretty inside as she is outside. She has a wonderful heart for others and a joy for life! She has the most beautiful blue eyes and a big smile!



Our special friends, Don and Sherian, came to be with us and have lunch to celebrate Adelaide's birthday. They are both like second parents to Adelaide and she loves them so much! Sherian is the one who gave Adelaide her beautiful necklace. And for Valentine's day, she gave Adelaide the bracelet that matches the necklace. I had a big button that I put on Adelaide's coat to let people know that it was her birthday. (Aww Mom, do I have to wear it?) We had such an incredible day being with her and sharing in the excitement of her special day. Don't you just love celebrating birthdays? I sure do.



Happy Birthday Sweet Girl, I love you so much!!!!!
I hope this next year is an incredible one for you!
You deserve the very best life has to offer!
Happy 20th!!!!
Love & blessings,MOM




7 comments:

  1. you are such a sweet mom with a wonderful family!
    ~elizabeth

    p.s. i'm still trying to figure out all this blogging stuff too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, where does the time go? Our baby girl turned 21 in September. Your daughter is beautiful. I'm going to check out that website. The beads look fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, we do sound like two peas in a pod. I'm looking forward to our new blogger friendship too!! I checked out the Viva Beads website and I could spend a fortune.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aw, thanks mom! That was so sweet. I'm glad you were able to come up and help me celebrate! I can help you some more with the problems you're having when I get home. They aren't hard, it's just a matter of knowing what to do. Enjoy your weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love that your daughter is going to sort out your blogging/computer problems when she is home. My girls will be here for a week in March and I have my list of 'help needed' items all ready for them.

    Love the beads-I checked out the website. She has really beautiful earrings too. My girls would love her stuff-thanks for the link.

    Your daughter is lovely...isn't it fun having daughters this age? How lucky you are to be able to celebrate with her in person.

    Cheers, Joyce

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your daughter is precious! I miss those days when my mom would visit me at college and help me celebrate my birthday. That necklace is too fun. Have a wonderful week!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You have beautiful daughters! How nice that you all got to spend time with her on her birthday. I LOVE that necklace--I'll have to check out that site, you know I love fun jewelry.

    Hope you're having a wonderful day!

    ReplyDelete