Sunday, June 20, 2010

Happy Father's Day!!

Happy Father's Day to my sweet Dad, Bill and my wonderful husband, Tom!! You are such important men in my life and I thank you both for all the support and love throughout the years. You are the best!!! This is a picture of my Mom and Dad at the Angus Barn in Raleigh, where I took them for dinner one night.

As a child I loved playing games with my Dad. We went on lots of wonderful family trips together. My Dad is such a kind and patient man and he has always adored my sister and I, as well as his grandchildren. He spent every possible moment with us and also his grandchildren. Daddy even loves all his "grand pets"!!!

My father served in World War 2 and is very proud of his service in the war. As I stated in an earlier post, he loves to tell war stories and he is constantly telling "tales" and jokes. He loves to be the life of the party with his story telling and jokes!

We were not wealthy, by any means, but I felt rich in the love my father shared with us and the wonderful times we had together. At 89, my Dad is as young at heart as ever and enjoys each and every day. He loves to work his crossword puzzle each day in the newspaper and at night he always has to watch Jeopardy.

Dad had a very strong work ethic and was able to retire from his job early. He actually has been retired longer than he worked. I'm so glad that he has had such a wonderful life. We have been blessed to have him as the head of our family. Love you Dad!!!
This is my husband Tom and I as we celebrated his 56th birthday in June. As I have mentioned before on my posts, we met in high school at the age of 15, so we have practically grown up together. Tom is a hard worker and has a strong work ethic, as well. He has enough years to be able to retire, but has not decided to throw in the towel yet, as they say. In all his years of working, he has only missed work a few times, so therefore he has accumulated years of sick leave. That is pretty impressive!

He has been a great husband and father and we have had some wonderful times together as a family. Tom is a mean pool player and loves to shoot pool!!! Tom adores his 2 daughters and enjoys spending time with them.
The girls were both here this weekend, along with our son-in-law and we had the best time being together.

I hope Tom and my Dad have an awesome Father's Day and feel very loved. I hope all of you have had a great day celebrating your Fathers or remembering fathers who have gone on to heaven. Thanks to all the Dads and the wonderful blessings that they have been to their families!

10 comments:

  1. I hope Tom and your Dad had a nice Father's Day! What a lovely post to both of them! Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your dad is just so awesome! I know that might sound like a trite and silly thing to say, but it's from the heart. :)

    And your Tom and my Keith sound so much alike! We also started dating at 15, so that's a lot of years together. And Keith just does not believe in missing work. I think the only time he's taken off as sick time was when he was in the hospital about 20 years ago. I think if he were to call in sick I probably would have to do the same as I would be so very worried about him - lol!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had always felt Father's Day is a special time to tell our fathers and husbands how much they are appreciated!

    ~Beth

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a loving tribute to your dad and Bill. Aren't we lucky to have such wonderful men in our lives?

    ReplyDelete
  5. your daughters are blessed to have grown up with such noble men in their life! what a blessing

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very sweet post! I hope both your Dad and Tom had a wonderful Fathers Day.

    Hugs!
    Kat

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are a lucky lady! Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your dad is so cute : )

    How nice for your hubs to have both his girls home for Father's Day. We were missing ours yesterday!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a great tribute to both your dad and your husband!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Well happy belated Father's Day to you and your family :) I love reading about how and when couples met. It sounds like you have enjoyed many wonderful years with your hubby. God is good!

    ReplyDelete